Location: Kullu, Himachal Pradesh
Altitude: 14,100 ft
Base camp: Old Manali
Trek duration: 4 day and 3 nights
Trek time: 6- 8 hours
Trek trail: 26 kilometres
Difficulty level: Easy to Moderate
- The splendorous view of lush green valleys and adorable Seven sister peaks will leave you short of words.
- Enjoy the warm bonfire and camping under the glittering starry sky.
- The panoramic view of snow laden mountains and experience the tremendous beauty of a high altitude glacier lake- bhrigu lake.
- Enjoy your stay in comfy tents with your friends or co trekkers.
How to reach?
Manali has good connectivity and frequent buses from Shimla. After reaching Manali one can take bus or private cabs to reach old Manali from the Manali Mall road.
Also one can choose airways and take a flight to Bhuntar the nearest airport from the starting point. Then a cab can help you reach the old Manali, which is a 50km ride from the airport.
About the trek
This 4 days and 3 night trekking expedition will surely add some of the best moments to your life. This high- altitude glacial lake, at the height of 14,100 ft is a treat for the eyes of spectators and will blow your heart and mind! The changing colours of the lake is a huge attraction. The lake remains glacial blue throughout the summers and changes its colour to emerald green lately. This trek in Manali is said to be one of the most beautiful short treks of the Himalayas.
In addition to the majestic beauty of the Bhrigu lake, the trek trail has its own promising beauty that sets your soul to the next level of tranquility. The unmatchable mesmerizing view of the Seven Sister peaks, Hanuman Tibba, Deo Tibba, Pir Panjal and Indrasen is an indescribable beauty of nature. Bounding in words, the scenic beauty of the trail and the high altitude lake is just not possible.
The breathtaking change in the view of dense silvery oak forest to the lush green meadows. The small streams flowing by along the path, the mesmerizing view of the snow capped peaks will take your heart away.
The trek is accomplished in a four day plan. The broad view of four days is given here.
First day of the trek is reaching the starting spot that is old Manali on your own and marks the beginning of the trek.
Take a comforting walk around the city and learn about the lifestyle of locals.
Accommodate yourself in beautiful riverside camps.
The second day includes going 12 km from Manali to Kulang .
Start ascending the elevation trail through the forests and streams passing by. The trail has inclinations as well as a good flat stretch.
Camping at night under the starry sky in tents at Moridugh.
One of the most crucial and adventurous days of the trek. Trek ahead towards the Bhrigu Lake through dense oak forest.
Witness the dramatic change in the panoramic view from dense forests to the lush green expanse of meadows at an altitude of 10,000 ft.
Reach the summit at 14,100 ft and soak in the beauty of nature, enjoy the sound of the breeze and make yourself calm like never before.
Start your descent journey to the campsite. Enjoy your dinner and a comfortable stay in the camp.
Descent journey down to Kulang village and back to old Manali.
Important things to carry
- Woollen clothes and thermals
- Extra pair of socks and cap ( both these if woollen would be great)
- Water bottle
- Wipes, tissues and toilet papers etc
- Some are ready to eat, dry snacks and quickies to much upon.
- Some common medicines for common cold and fever and pain killers (sprays and tablets).
- Follow your guide throughout the expedition for the best experience.
- Don’t try to move ahead or try to carry your journey at night.
- Consumption of alcohol or any other stuff is prohibited during the trek.
- If you’ve any sorts of breathing problems then take the permission of the doctor prior to the trek. High altitude may cause major issues so this is strongly suggested.
- Take the best and most comfortable sports shoes for the trek.
Enjoy this one of the most remarkable short trek in Manali, Himachal Pradesh and this change in the routine will calm you on a next level.